Study Spanish in Montevideo while on vacation
If you are planning a vacation, taking classes at a Spanish language school in Montevideo provides a way to meet new people and do fun things while you are in Uruguay (as well as learn Spanish).
Study Spanish in Montevideo as a stepping-stone to a new life in Uruguay
If you are relocating to Uruguay, going to a Spanish language school is a great way to improve your Spanish, make connections, and really get to know Montevideo.
Study Spanish in Montevideo to facilitate a career objective
South America’s growing economies are attracting a lot of investment capital and attention from international business interests. There are Spanish language schools in Montevideo that will help you achieve your career oriented Spanish learning objectives.
Spanish Language Schools in Montevideo, Uruguay
La Herradura Montevideo
Joaquíne de Saterain 1240
- Located in Montevideo’s Parque Rodo neighborhood
- Has an affiliate school in Andalucía Spain
- Has a variety of learning programs available
- Has volunteer programs available after four weeks of intensive study at the school
- Has on-site rooms for rent, and can make arrangements for an apartment or homestay
- Informs students of local events and plans weekly student activities
- Locations in Montevideo (near Parque Rodo), Atlántida, and now Punta del Este, too.
- Has an affiliate school in Buenos Aires
- Individual and group classes
- Can help make housing arrangement for homestay or apartment in Montevideo
- Can provide area tours
Juan Carlos Gomez 1408
Montevideo, CP 11000,
- Located in Montevideo’s Ciudad Vieja (Old City)
- Has an affiliate school in Buenos Aires - can study at both with continuity
- Individual and group classes - customized for student's objectives.
- Planed student activities
- Has volunteer programs available after three weeks of intensive study at the school
- Can make housing arrangements for a variety of housing options
- Has one-on-one internet classes for distance learning
- Has Uruguay TV and radio on website to become accustomed to Uruguayan Spanish
ORT is a university located in Montevideo that has a special program for foreign students to spend a semester abroad in Uruguay. This semester program is available to college students who have completed six semesters of Spanish (or equivalent) at their home institution.
- Semester includes Spanish language and culture workshops, field trips, and individual research projects.
- Semester also includes up to 5 regular courses that are appropriate for the student’s academic background and Spanish language proficiency.
- Helps arrange housing such as student residence, homestay, or apartment.
|Spanish students from La Herradura visit the countryside for horseback riding|
Tips for getting the most from your studies at a Spanish language school in Montevideo, Uruguay
Don’t divide your time while you study Spanish in Montevideo
You will get more from your Spanish studies if you do not have other responsibilities or objectives competing for your time.
Pre-study before you come
What you will learn in person with quality instructors cannot be duplicated with a Spanish home-learning course. However, studying the basics with a Spanish home-study course before you come will help you take the greatest advantage of your class time.
Note: Would you like to learn more about Uruguay? If so, sign up to receive my Free Monthly Newsletter, the Uruguay Insider. And when you do, you’ll immediately receive Uruguay in Pictures—a 20-page illustrated guide of the top eight places to travel and live in Uruguay.