It shows several parts of the country including Montevideo, Punta del Este, Colonia, the Department of Rocha, and the rural interior. It also touches on some of Uruguay´s human development statistics, wildlife, agricultural products, recreation and entertainment opportunities, sports, music, and festivals.
Some of the video´s points about Uruguay:
- 97% literacy rate
- 1 doctor for every 260 people
- Life expectancy of 72 years
- 98% of the country has electricity
- 100% digitized telephone system
- Drinkable water throughout the country
- One of the lowest levels of environmental pollution on the planet
- The video is produced by Uruguay´s ministry of tourism. It was first posted about a year ago, but is a compilation of other videos. For this reason the diplomatic and political information is dated.
- The video mentions MERCOSUR. This is the Southern Cone trade block (similar to the European Union). Until very recently, the Mercosur countries were Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Argentina.
- The video mentions that mate is a tradition of Guarani origin. Guarani is the name of an indigenous people of South America.